Monday, April 22, 2013

two hats, storm king art center




I made these hats a few weeks back. The red one is Elizabeth Zimmerman's bonnet and it's an alpaca wool in sport weight. I always enjoy knitting her designs. I will put it away in the gift box and perhaps it will one day go to my new niece or nephew who is due in 2 days.




The peach one is a pixie hat and sized for about a 4 year old. The wool is a plant dyed merino and has slight variegation.


Over the weekend we visited Storm King Art Center and then celebrated my birthday with a dinner at Pure Food and Wine in the city. It was my first time there and I give it good reviews. We sat out on the terrace. The food was very inventive. Mick had the taco platter, the tacos are made with jicama. I had the salsify dish and everything was full of flavor.









1 comment:

Jaime Rugh said...

h a p p y b i r t h d a y ! ! !