Wednesday, July 16, 2014

susanne



This dress is designed by Citronille, a French company, that I have sewn from before. The pattern is available in English and is simple for the intermediate sewer. The French patterns are also possible to sew with even though I have little french vocabulary as long as you are good at following diagrams and willing to look up some translations.

The pattern is called Susanne and I cut a size 6 but used the size 2 pattern for sleeves which did not cause any issues. I had only 3/4 yard which would have been fine for a tunic but the dress required 7/8 yard. The smaller sleeves worked fine. The colors in this print were irresistable and it won out over the linen and gingham choices I considered. This Liberty print is called Grey Angelica Garland.

No comments: