Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ice Cream Dress





I knew I wanted to make this dress when I first saw it.

It is the Ice Cream Dress from Oliver & S. This pattern just came out this month. I have many of these patterns and each time I sew them I am happy with the result.

When picking fabric for this dress I knew immediately I wanted it to be blue and white representing the water and sand. I chose a linen/cotton blend and it worked perfectly for my vision. The doubled hem and neckline are my favorite features in this pattern.

Ms. S is always talking about the beach even in the winter. She suggests going to the beach at least once a week. Soon enough we will be visiting the beach and luckily for us Grammie and Pop Pop live very close making it even easier for us to visit as often as we like. It's only an hour drive away

And, like the paper doll on the pattern I am sure there will be pink ice cream to eat many days in this dress after a day building sand castles and dipping toes in the ocean.

7 comments:

Amy said...

I absolutely love it! I am going to have to buy that pattern.

Gertie said...

So so cute!!! The girl and the dress. :)

jenn said...

oh, cute! I've been eyeing that pattern! I love the fabrics you chose. Sweet little ponytail, too!

McGibbon said...

do you mind me asking where you bought your fabric? and what colors you chose? i love this dress!!

sew nancy said...

The fabric is from Sew Mama Sew http://www.sewmamasew.com
and it is the Essex cotton/linen blend in white and light blue.
It is really beautiful fabric.

melissa said...

so cute i can't stand it!! both dress and small girl. :)

Marichelle said...

I LOVE this!! Oh how I wish I wasn't intimidated by patterns!!