Monday, April 26, 2010

Autumn Sweater in Spring



This is Elizabeth Zimmerman's February Baby Sweater.
I have been wanting to knit this for a long time and decided to make a child's version. I was aiming for a 3T but, it looks a bit more like a size 5. Hello Kindergarten sweater circa 2013!

I knit this up in Blue Sky Alpaca worsted hand dyes. It worked up rather thick but, still looks good and shows the gull pattern. I didn't run into too many problems knitting this other then the sizing issue. I worked the sleeves first and knit them flat as instructed and seamed them up. The pattern as many of you know is for a much smaller baby but working it in a heavier yarn and with a few modifications you can achieve different sizes and then of course there is the ladies version. In retrospect, I would have used a different yarn for the size I wanted but, am happy with the heavy coat like sweater I got out of it.

2 comments:

kristi said...

oh my goodness! how sweet!

Amy said...

It is very cute!