Thursday, January 18, 2007

Winter Berries + Candy Gumballs



As, I was making these it occurred to me what my choice in color scheme had become...winter berries



and candy gumballs



I've been wanting to do these felted beads forever. It was one of those ideas that popped in my head, went away and just came back again. This happens a lot. It was a fun experience (ok my arms and shoulder are sore) and I see many more of these in my future. The possibilities for these are endless. It begins with wool roving and then you add warm water and dishwashing liquid and roll in your hand. Okay, it's not as easy as that but here is a tutorial if you are craving some of these in your life. I still need to scald and shock them. It sounds mean, right, but basically I need to put them in the colander, pour boiling water over them and then shock them with cold water...kind of like blanching vegetables. I have some good ideas for these up my sleeve.

xx

-It's snowing!

No comments: