Thursday, January 4, 2007

lace + i heart suri

A perfect follow up from my last post I think would be to show what I'm currently knitting.




Here is a gray lace scarf that I am knitting with Blue Sky Alpaca Brushed Suri which is a combination of baby suri, merino and bamboo. If you knit and haven't yet worked with this yarn I most highly recommend it. It is so soft and amazing to knit with. This scarf is from Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts 2006 and is called Misty Garden by Jo Sharp. It is the old-fashioned feather and fan stitch pattern. This is my first lace knit piece and it reminds me of my handmade lace class which I took when I was 22 with my friend Heather. Lace-making is wonderful but tedious. We even made our own little cushions to do it on. So many bobbins and just wind and wind forever to get a itty bitty tiny little bit of lace.





Another, project on the needles is this Mano Del Uruguay/Brushed Suri hat I am doing. I am just making this pattern up as I go along so hopefully it works. It is almost done. This was the first project I started with suri and because it is so soft and wonderful I'm now doing the scarf.



Lastly, because I am feeling show off-y I thought I would show you a bag I made this summer from One Skein. The photo in the book shows a womans hands lovingly holding her coffee cup while the cute button clutch lies beside her. I dreamed about sitting in the coffee shop the same way with my tiny clutch to keep me company. I have yet to bring it to the coffee shop. Soon though, soon.

1 comment:

Amelia Plum said...

Hey there! glad to see you've joined the blogwagon. the scarf that you're making looks very pretty. I'd love to learn how to knit and crochet...once both kids are in school I'd love to be one of those women who just takes every craft and art class at the local art center. what are you thinking of selling on etsy? I was thinking of starting an etsy shop this year as well. take care & hope your holidays were enjoyable :)