Monday, January 1, 2007

A beginning




I used to keep a diary. I used to write. A lot.

I kept a diary when I was ten under lock and key and recorded silly little details about my days like, today I had a piano lesson and we had pizza for dinner. Or, Brendon Dillon asked me to be a cheerleader for his basketball team, I said 'yes', but, my Dad said 'no'.

Then came my journal of trips which my Father thought would be a good idea to include how much the tolls and hotel rooms were costing us. I also included how many times we got sick. There are also some funny stories and intesting details to be had. Unfortunately, we drove everywhere for vacation: Canada, the Eastern seaboard. I say unfortunately, because if you have ever been in the car with my Dad you know it is a death trap. It is amazing my immediate family is still alive. He is the type of driver who pays no attention to the rules of the road...miss an exit..that's ok, pull off to the shoulder and back up for half a mile so you can make it. Yikes. I digress.

I had penpals all over the world. I used to get the most mail out of anyone in my family. I used to enjoy walking in the evening dusk to the mailbox after dinner to mail my letters. It was so interesting to read about all these people's lives all over the world: Australia, England, Africa to name a few. I still wish I could meet these girls. I know their faces. I remember their stories. Who and where are they now?


With the beginning of 2007, I decided go forward and start a blog and Etsy shop. I have been so inspired reading many blogs this past year and I want to join in. I want to write again and share with others my interests and love of being creative.

So, thank you, and Happy New Year. I hope your year brings you much joy.

No comments: