Thursday, April 5, 2007

rainy day pouch


I finished up this rainy day pouch yesterday on a seriously rainy day. It was a longer process than usual because I had my Mom felt it and she didn't realize it can take a long time to felt and so she only worked on felting it once in a while over several months. Me...I would just do it in one day until it felted. She was funny though because she really doesn't get these sort of things and would keep bringing it to me to see if it was done. I would have felted it a little more but I didn't have the heart to tell her to do it again. It's pretty sturdy and I put a light blue flannel lining in after I embroidered. The embroidery which is done with my crewel embroidery yarn stash and wool felt was totally taken from this book.
I'm actually feeling really inspired by embroidering on top of yarn and currently have mittens on the mind and yes, I know it's Spring but, there were snow flurries this morning.
Lux - our overly needy boy cat decided he wanted in on the action with the above photo but here is a non-kitty cat photo for you too.

No comments: